Shoenberger & Shoenberger, Inc. is a Reno Property Management real estate company specializing in residential property management. Our certified Property Managers in Reno and Spark hold a Nevada Property Management permit and offer premier property management services to fit your needs.
Our Reno Property Management team includes 5 full-time administrative employees who work together to help find quality tenants and make your life easier as a property owner. Their job titles are as follows: Maintenance, Leasing Agent, Bookkeeper, Receptionist/Advertising and Field Representative, they each work to provide quality property management services for our property owners and tenants in Reno, NV.
Our inventory of properties is numerous and varied. We manage units in the greater Washoe County area that includes: Reno proper, Sparks proper and the South & North Valleys. Our properties include single family homes, condominiums, and apartment complexes that range from 2 units to 32 units. We currently manage over 450 units and have over 220 owner/clients. With our vast experience in the Sparks and Reno Property Management market we know you'll be in good hands with us as we work together to fit your property management needs.
Shoenberger & Shoenberger, Inc. has been in business since 1992 and I have been licensed since 1977. We've highlighted 9 different areas which make our Property Management services unique and superior to other property management services in the Reno area:
1. Experience: There is not another property manager in our marketplace that has the breadth, depth and longevity that I have had with residential income property. I have not only managed residential income property for over 30 years, I have also sold residential income property for over 30 years. In addition, I have invested in residential income properties for over 30 years. Lastly, I have also developed and built residential income property for 8 of those years.
2. Full Service Property Management: We may be the only true full service property management company in the Reno area. When we say it is "full" service we mean just that. We handle all special circumstances that may come up with your property and then some. Unlike most other property management companies in our area we do not charge hourly rates for services that are deemed by the industry as "special services." We don't deem anything as a special service. That includes the supervision of improvements to a newly vacated or newly purchased property to get it rent ready, even if you are a brand new client to our company. It also includes handling tenant issues in small claims court or appeals over a Homeowners Association violation and/or fine.
3. Tenant Screening: We do everything that is legally possible when screening a potential tenant. This includes doing an interior inspection of your property 90-120 days after the tenants move in. This is done to double check our screening process and to confirm that the tenant is living in the clean, responsible manner we felt they would when we approved them. The greatest concentration of effort of all of our services goes into the screening process because we recognize that it is the most critical of all the services that we provide.
4. Cost Savings: We have worked very hard over the years to find the best vendors possible at the most reasonable cost to our clients. We currently have long term relationships with highly professional vendors who are not only good at what they do but most importantly are accountable for their work. An example is our relationship with our handyman who I refer to as the best deal in town. He is a highly skilled, independent contractor with 21 years of experience who only does work for our company, can be at any emergency we have in 20 minutes, and charges the extremely reasonable rate of $35 per hour.
5. Flexibility: We have a range of management fees from 5% to 10%. Each level is based on the amount of participation, if any, that the owner wants to have in the management of their property. Please call me at 1-800-423-7195 for an explanation of these different levels of service or we can fax or email you a detailed written description of each level of service. In addition, we are also able to adjust our management style to the specific needs and wants of every individual owner. This can range from owners using their own preferred vendors to adding preferred rental agreement clauses to our rental agreement and much more. We do an extensive three page questionnaire on each and every owner/property so that is managed in a style that fits the individual owner's wishes.
6. Accessibility: We are organized in a way that allows my staff to work at maximum efficiency and therefore can provide services that other companies do not have. My staff works as a team to make sure that all of the properties we manage are overseen so that any problems that may arise can be addressed as quickly as possible. They excel at communication and follow through which are cornerstones of our business. This efficiency allows me to be available at all times so that you do not have to go through a chain of command to get to the decision maker. Every owner has my cell phone number and I take calls 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you have a problem then I have a problem and I want it dealt with as soon as possible..
7. Simplicity: Please take a look at my management agreement before you sign any other one. You will find it to be the shortest, most owner-friendly management agreement in the marketplace. There is even a release clause in it that allows you to terminate our services with 30 days notice at no cost to you. We agree on a monthly management fee, my company takes care of everything other than those items you wish to be personally involved in and you get your money directly deposited into your account, on time, every month. Simple, easy and stress free.
8. Specialization: We do residential property management and only residential property management. By being focused on only one of the varied areas of property management, we feel it has allowed us to become extremely efficient and competent. This results in our being able to provide the very best of service to our clients.
9. Philosophy: I got started in Property Management in Reno by investing in my own residential real estate. I understand on a very personal level how important these assets are to each owner. I know what it is like to write a check out of my own checking/savings account because of a vacancy. I also realize that good property management is the key to a successful investment. We at Shoenberger & Shoenberger, Inc. greatly value and respect the trust an owner extends to us when they ask us to manage their property. Your property will be cared for just as if it was one of my own properties.
If you need a property manager in Reno, Sparks, or the surrounding Washoe County contact us today to talk to one of our qualified Reno property managers.
CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGER (CPM)
National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM)